Thursday, June 24, 2010

Final Destination (for now)

The kiddos and I left super early from Arizona, heading out for San Antonio to stay the night before driving another day to our destination. Our travels led us through New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. I have to say that I have never been frightened to travel. I've done it a lot during David's deployments and TDY's. However, driving through New Mexico and Texas was a bit shattering. I saw a car on fire in a ravine, multiple people stopped to be searched, and went through a weigh station that was being used as an immigration checkpoint. I have mixed feelings about all the hooplah going on right now, but this really isn't the place. Lets just say it kept me very awake on the otherwise boring stretch of I-10! We reached a familiar hotel at a decent hour, slept well, and got up very early to start all over again. We pulled in our "almost" new driveway, in Crestview, FL, at about 5pm on Thursday, May 6th. We met David there and peeked in windows since there was no key left for us, then we took off for dinner. David and I missed Buffalo Wild Wings soooooo much while we were in Utah!! The franchise won't even consider opening one there because of their goofy liquor laws, but that's a whole other story. So...guess where we went?! :)
Once we finished with dinner we decided to take the kids to the beach and let them look around a bit. We got there at sunset, and it was perfect!

This would be the markings of the "flying rat," otherwise known as the seagull...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys made it safely . . . Micah, Sam, Kaylab and T

    ReplyDelete