Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Trails...For Now

I have FINALLY decided to start a family blog! Hooray! I know it's long overdue since I'm absolutely horrible at keeping up with my scrapbooks. I've completely missed out on blogging our first 2 tours since David and I have been together, but it's better to start late than never, right?!

I would like to start by saying that we have been so fortunate throughout these last 6 years! We have had the opportunity to make many lifelong friends, own a home, see new places and things, and be close to family. Many memories will be left here, in this state, and most of all in our first home. This house, although I may have complained about it at times, has been the place that David has come home to after 3 deployments. I can't even begin to describe those feelings or emotions that have occured each time. The kids and I have always had so much support here! It means so much to still have those people in our lives! We have watched one another's children grow and form friendships with one another while we were forming our own. We will truly miss each of you and your wonderful kids! You all hold a very special place in my heart!


Throughout our last few days here, I'll reminisce through photographs of some of those special memories we have made here...




To begin, this was a very special day! David was returning home from his deployment to Afghanistan. Our wonderful neighbors and friends gave quite the welcome home! October 2009

This is probably my favorite picture that was captured when David got home. There are just no words; just so much relief.




1 comment:

  1. Looks Great Megan, look forward to seeing MORE.

    OF course Micah, Sam and I would much rather see your faces across the street! :(

    ReplyDelete