Friday, August 13, 2010

Recap...

I can't believe that summer vacation is over already! It has been a good one though. I was fortunate enough to have old friends come visit, take a long road trip with David, the kids, and Zoey (Oh yes, we are now dog owners.), and have my parents here for a few days.

Tanna and Daniel are such wonderful people that I know from many years ago! I think we figured it to be about 12 years since we've seen one another. Needless to say, it was really nice to see them, and the kids just adored them both! David, again, was in Mississippi, but he'll see them next time.


Maine was so much fun- it's hard for me to even sum it up. We weren't sure if we were going to be able to go because of the way that David's training fell. It was leaning towards no, so we were pretty dead set that we were just going to stay home over the 4th. This family reunion had been planned for a very, very long time, but the military stops for no personal plans! We informed the family that we wouldn't be there, and there was nothing we could do. It eventually turned out that we were going to be able to go, but we decided to leave it as a surprise and just show up at the camp. We drove for 25 hours straight and I got a speeding ticket (of course) before we decided to stop for the night. We didn't bother checking for a pet friendly hotel so naturally this is when Zoey discovered she had a bark. Luckily there were no complaints. We drove the rest of the way the following morning just in time for wonderful conversation over coffee. It was so awesome to be able to surprise everyone- it had been so, so long since we'd seen the whole family together. The cousins jumped right in and started playing like they never missed a beat. There were so many laughs over the campfire and many old stories that brought back some great memories. Grandma is dearly missed, but I know she was right in there with us all!

Welcome to the camp! Grandpa and David

Bridgton's 4th of July ParadeDavid showing off a bit.Lobster Bake- YUM!Brooke, Dawn, and MeDavid wakeboarding at sunset.

Little Zoey after a swim in the lake. The guys having cigars out on the dock.

Cute cousins!

I wish I could post all of the pictures I took, but 400 something is a lot!

Finally, on the way home from Maine, we stopped at my moms and dropped the kiddos off for 2 weeks! It was kind of nerve wrecking for me to be gone from them for so long, but everything turned out okay. Ayden had to go to the ER, as usual, so that was already expected. They had fun, but I think they were glad to be home too. My mom and Bob drove them back and stayed with us for a few days. We went to the beach a lot, out to dinner, and David and my mom had a margarita or 6. First time on the ATVAbout to be kid-free. Yikes!Beer in a mason jar- ole West VirginiaMom tormenting Jaelin.

Glad to have our babies back!

No comments:

Post a Comment